Saturday, April 27, 2013

New Hearing Aid- Unitron Max 6

I got my new hearing aid on Friday.

First impressions:

  • My audiologist Beth Muller is just plain awesome for more reasons that I can post here. She is great.
  • The sound is louder than what I had before and I don’t feel like I am straining to hear something.
  • The balance with the cochlear implant is much better. My CI doesn’t overpower the aid like it did before.
  • There is a harmonica sound when there are loud sounds. I am not sure the reason for this yet. When I whistle, for example, it sounds like a chord instead of a pure whistle. I do not like this.
  • Overall, I am hearing better and I am not sending out feedback whistling from my hearing aid all the time.
  • Very Satisfied! (I am sure we can fix the harmonica sound with an adjustment)

No comments:

Post a Comment