Saturday, October 22, 2011

Activation on November 4th

On Tuesday, I met with Dr. Evandro, who did my CI surgery. Everything is healing well. I have had problems opening my mouth wide. I can’t and it hurts to try. He told me that there is a plug in my left ear that can’t come out for at least 30 days after the surgery. He will remove it  and clean out my left ear on activation day, November 4th.

I had two days with serious ear ringing and dizziness, but it passed both times. He prescribed some medicine and supplements, including Gingko Biloba, and some nose spray.

At first, I was dreaming almost every night that I was getting the implant activated and was hearing in my left ear. Now, not so much. With such a long wait, some of the excitement has worn off. I am sure it will perk up again in November.

I will get a haircut this coming week, so all of my hair will be even again. I’ll post a picture.

God has been very gracious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment