Saturday, October 1, 2011

CI Surgery - My Experience

I am sure my wife stressed out and suffered more than anyone in this whole ordeal. My surgery date had been moved up, unexpectedly, so she had to go through a whirlwind of paperwork and meetings to make it happen. She is a special woman.

 

The day before the surgery, I was told to suspend my medicine, it wasn’t going to happen. There was another problem and my name “wasn’t on the list.” We fretted about that and then just decided, after doing everything we could, just to take off work and go to the mall. Just forget about it and let it go. A few hours later they called us and my name was back on the list, and the surgery was on.

 

When I arrived at the hospital, I was given hospital clothes. Not long after that a list of questions. Then I was taken to the operating room. I was given an IV and my hair was shaved a little more. Then they put some white stuff in my IV and I lasted about 10 more seconds. The next thing I remember, I was in the recovery room. I still had my hearing aid on in my right ear. It made me happy to hear something. That might be what the smiling is about in that second picture. About every two hours they came and gave me medicine for pain, nausea and swelling. That also might account for the smile in the second picture. Who knows?

 

I experienced no head pain or headaches. I’ve had no nausea. I have had some dizziness and lack of energy. The stitches are well done and there is no sign of inflammation or infection. I am still having some fluid drain (blood and water) from my left ear. I guess this is normal.

 

About half of my tongue feels like it was burned by hot coffee or soup. No flavor there. I hope it comes back.

 

My wife proved once again that she is God’s perfect person for me. She is special. What a wonderful helper she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment