My recently deafened ear rings constantly, but it is not always the same sound. Here are some things that it sounds like.
- The computers in a 1970s science fiction movie.
- Jungle sounds, lots of monkeys and birds.
- A heavy steady rain.
- Ross playing the keyboard on Friends.
- A dial-up modem.
- A jet getting ready for takeoff.
- A coffee-maker brewing coffee.
- Elevator music rhythms played on wooden drums.
- Someone playing only the 8th octave of the piano, or the only the 1st.
Next post: what my cochlear implant sounds like.