Wednesday, February 29, 2012

4th Mapping

Cochlear Implant Mapping and Progress

Yesterday, I had my fourth mapping on my cochlear implant. I should have written about it yesterday. I seem to be more excited about the new sounds when I am leaving the audiologist than I am the next day. Today, I am already starting to feel down.

The volume has gone up. That is good. I don’t think it was enough, but the audiologist disagreed. I wish she had increased the power more.

I am closer to understanding speech. I am getting sentences instead of words in familiar speech recordings. Sounds are a little clearer and cleaner.

I have four programs. I will use them progressively. Each one will be used for approximately 21 days before going to the next. My next mapping will be in 80 to 90 days.

Natural Hearing Improvement and Progress

My other ear’s hearing seems to be returning. It is still not as strong or as clear as my implanted ear, but the progress is faster. I hope to be back to holding conversations and listening to podcasts in a month’s time.

A Prayerful Encouragement for Today

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that God will make all things right as I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and
supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment