Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Learning How This Thing Works

I had another appointment at the audiologist yesterday. We did an audiogram of settings 3 and 4 on my processor. I am going from memory, but this is about how they look.

X = program 3 and O = program 4

o3x4audiogram

That is a measure of volume. This, evidently changes with mappings, and should improve. Clarity, on the other hand is all in my brain. That comes from me. So I am just waiting for it to get clear.

Yesterday, while watching a one-hour program on TV (Person of Interest), I caught 3 words. Each time, out of the noise, bang! A word I could hear and understand. Hopefully this will happen more and more frequently.

Oh, and by the way, to make a cool audiogram like this for free, go to http://www.hearingaidknow.com/audiogram-creator/

No comments:

Post a Comment